Prep 45 mins
Cook 50 mins
Serve hot with Chapati Roti, or rice.
- 500 g pumpkin (Kaddu, peeled and cubed)
- 1⁄2 cup split gram yellow lentils
- 2 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 green chilies (Hari Mirch, chopped)
- 1 inch gingerroot (Adrak, chopped)
- 20 g garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander powder (Pisa Dhania)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder (Pisi Haldi)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chile
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Wash the lentils well, and let them soak in warm water for at least 45 minutes.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pot. Add in the chopped onions and saute them well until golden brown.
- Now strain the lentils from the water. And add the lentils to the pumpkin and also add all other ingredients and fry for 5 minutes.
- Now add in 2 cup of water, mix and cover on medium heat and let the lentils cook. Once the lentils are done and soft, mash the lentils slightly by pressing against the sides of the pot with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Finally garnish with the coriander leaves.