1 hr 35 mins
roja khan's Note:
Serve hot with Chapati Roti, or rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g pumpkin (Kaddu, peeled and cubed)
- 1/2 cup split gram yellow lentils
- 2 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 green chilies (Hari Mirch, chopped)
- 1 inch gingerroot (Adrak, chopped)
- 20 g garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder (Pisa Dhania)
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder (Pisi Haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1Wash the lentils well, and let them soak in warm water for at least 45 minutes.
- 2Heat the cooking oil in a pot. Add in the chopped onions and saute them well until golden brown.
- 3Now strain the lentils from the water. And add the lentils to the pumpkin and also add all other ingredients and fry for 5 minutes.
- 4Now add in 2 cup of water, mix and cover on medium heat and let the lentils cook. Once the lentils are done and soft, mash the lentils slightly by pressing against the sides of the pot with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- 5Finally garnish with the coriander leaves.
Nutritional Facts for Ghiya Dal
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.4
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.7 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: