Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From a Guirardelli chocolate bar wrapper. Cook time includes the melting of the chocolate.
- 4 ounces ghirardelli bittersweet baking chocolate, broken into 1/4-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut in chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a heavy saucepan combine the chocolate, butter, sugar, water and corn syrup.
- Stir the mixture continuously over medium heat until the chocolate and butter have melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- When the sauce comes to a boil, lower the heat and continue boiling gently for 10 minutes.
- Remove the thickened sauce from the heat and stil in the vanilla extract.
- Store covered in the refregerator.
- To reheat, place in a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on medium 6-8 minutes, stirring after the first 3 minutes.