Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Dip in strawberries, large seedless oranges, grapes, melon (honeydew or cantaloupe), banana slices, kiwi fruit, fresh pineapple chunks, pieces of cake, cookies, or other items. Ghirardelli newsletter is where this can be found.
- 6 ounces milk chocolate, baking bar
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, baking bar (70% Cacao Extra Bittersweet)
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk or 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (no subs please)
- Creme de Cacao, to taste (creme de chocolate) or hazelnut-flavored liqueur or vandermint liqueur (chocolate & mint) or cheri suisse liqueur (cherry & chocolate) or tiramisu liqueur or Kahlua (chocolte & coffe) or Godiva original chocolate liqueur or mozart chocolate liqueur, to taste
- In a medium saucepan at medium heat, combine milk or cream , vanilla, and butter, and heat until mixture just simmers.
- Remove from heat, and stir in chocolate bars and liqueur until completely melted and smooth.