Recipe by JeriBinNC
This came from a Ghirardelli ad--very rich and chocolatey.
Top Review by ShaGun
I've been wanting to try these for a while as they looked really good. I was kind of disappointed. These are very rich & fudge-like. They make 24 large cookies. I'd recommend making them smaller. Considering the cost of these cookies, I wouldn't make them again.
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) bagghiradelli bittersweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (12 ounce) bag Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (4 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- In double boiler over hot water, melt the bittersweet chocolate chips and butter. In large bowl with electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar until thick; stir in chocolate mixture. In small bowl, stir together flour and baking powder. Stir into chocolate mixture. Gently mix in semi-sweet chocolate chips and walnuts.
- On a sheet of plastic wrap, form dough into two logs, each 2 inches in diameter and about 8 inches long. Wrap tightly; refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm. (Dough can also be frozen; thaw in refrigerator before proceeding with recipe.).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Unwrap dough. With sharp knife, cut into 3/4 inch slices. Place slices 1 1/2 inches apart on greased or parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes or until shiny crust forms on top but interior is still soft.
- Cool on baking sheet.