This is from the Ghirardelli website. I've made these and they are great!
Make and share this Ghirardelli' S Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Stir flour with baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter with sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually blend dry mixture into creamed mixture.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoon of dough per cookie onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.
I must agree with the other reviews posted...fantastic cookie. I used 1 1/4 cups of chocolate chips as that seemed like plenty. The whole bag would have been too much. Nice texture--not at all greasy like Toll House. After first batch browned a little too much on the bottom, I lowered temperature to 350°F and cooked for 10 minutes--they cooked to golden perfection without browning the bottoms too much.
My mom made these for me the other day, and they were fabulous! I don't know where Elizabeth comes up with these exquisite recipes, but they are absolutely heavenly! Keep 'em coming!
Yummy Yummy! These were much better than toll house. I wouldn't change a thing on this recipe. Thanks Elizabeth!