Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great over ice cream
- 113.39 g chocolate bars, Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet
- 59.16 ml butter, cut into chunks
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml water
- 59.14 ml light corn syrup
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the chocolate (broken into 1/4" pieces) , butter, sugar, water, and light corn syrup. Stir the mixture continuously over medium heat until the chocolate and butter have melted and the sugar has dissolved. When the sauce comes to a boil, lower the heat and continue boiling gently for 10 minutes. Remove the thickened sauce from the heat, and stir in the vanilla extract. Store covered in the refrigerator.
- To reheat, place in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium 6 to 8 minutes, stirring after the first 3 minutes.