Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great over ice cream
- 4 ounces chocolate bars, Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the chocolate (broken into 1/4" pieces) , butter, sugar, water, and light corn syrup. Stir the mixture continuously over medium heat until the chocolate and butter have melted and the sugar has dissolved. When the sauce comes to a boil, lower the heat and continue boiling gently for 10 minutes. Remove the thickened sauce from the heat, and stir in the vanilla extract. Store covered in the refrigerator.
- To reheat, place in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium 6 to 8 minutes, stirring after the first 3 minutes.