Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Straight from the back of the Ghirardelli bar, these are chocolatey goodness. Fantastic warm from the oven and served with vanilla bean ice cream.
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Butter and flour 8X8 pan.
- In a heavy 1 1/2 saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Remove pan from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Stir in brown sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs, mixing well.
- In bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly fold into chocolate mixture; mix well.
- Stir in chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
I've been making a lot of brownies this week and these are now at the top of my list. YUM! These are rich, but not overly sweet and the texture is fudgy but not sticky. The chocolate chips are what really makes these brownies the best. In fact, you could even add a few more. After removing the brownies from the oven, I sprinkled the top with another 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and spread them across the top as they melted on the cooling brownie. Mmmmmm.
Fantastic brownie recipe. VeTakes almost no time to prepare and the brownies come out vry fudgy and rich. Because I was making them for a true chocolate freak, I doubled the amount of chips. These definately scored me some points and I'm sure I'll know the recipe like the back of my hand before long. Thanks for posting s"kat...
These brownies are so moist and delicious! I doubled the recipe with no problem and baked them in a 9 X 13 for 25 minutes--they turned out perfect. They are fudgey and rich and just what a brownie should taste like. The semi-sweet chocolate chips takes these brownies over the top and makes this recipe extra special. Thanks for a keeper!