Straight from the back of the Ghirardelli bar, these are chocolatey goodness. Fantastic warm from the oven and served with vanilla bean ice cream.
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Butter and flour 8X8 pan.
- In a heavy 1 1/2 saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Remove pan from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Stir in brown sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs, mixing well.
- In bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly fold into chocolate mixture; mix well.
- Stir in chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.