Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is SO good. If you're a chocolate and pecan lover, you should love this.
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells (store-bought or homemade)
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- In double boiler over hot water, melt chocolate and butter.
- In large bowl with electric mixer or whisk, beat eggs, corn syrup, sugar, vanilla and salt until blended; beat in chocolate mixture.
- Stir in pecans; pour into pie crust.
- Place pie on baking sheet on middle rack of oven; bake about 55 minutes or until filling is set.
- Cool completely at room temperature.
- Cut pie into 8 wedges; serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Fantastic treat! I doubled the pecans and used a homemade chocolate graham cracker crust. Everyone loved this!