Recipe by Um Safia
Amazing chocolate pablova recipe from Ghirardelli. You can use regular cocoa & choc chips if you have Ghiradellis.... Time to make doesn't include 50 mins drying time in oven.
- 3 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ghirardelli unsweetened cocoa
milk chocolate chip coffee recipe cream filling
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 cup ghirardelli milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 300°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the meringue, in a large bowl whip the egg whites with an electric mixer at high speed until foamy. Add the cream of tartar and whip until soft peaks form. Add the sugar in a slow steady stream, continuing to whip until the whites are very stiff and the sugar is almost dissolved, about 3 minutes. Fold in the cocoa. The cocoa does not have to be completely incorporated; some streaks are fine. With a rubber spatula, spread the meringue into a 7-inch circle on the baking sheet.
- Make a slight indentation in the center about 5 inches across. This makes a well for the filling.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Turn off the oven, but leave the meringue in the oven for 50 minutes to continue to dry out. Remove from t he oven and cool to room temperature.
- To make the filling, combine the cream sugar, vanilla, and espresso powder in a large bowl.
- Whip with an electric mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Fold in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Spread the cream in the center of the meringue. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top. Serve immediately.