Recipe by Barb G.
These are delicious Chocolate Biscotti's with a hint of coffee flavor. So good with a cup of coffee or a glass of wine. The recipe comes from Ghirardelli Chocolate. Enjoy
Top Review by LaurietheLibrarian
These cookies were delicious!! The kids fought to clean out the bowl and I needed to make another batch for my party because my husband made quick work of the first set! I made the dough in one long flat roll so they would look nice in a tall cookie jar. Highly recomended.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup almonds, sliced (or chopped)
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, baking bar chopped (I have used unsweetened baking chocolate)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Lightly grease and flour large baking sheet (I sprayed with Pam).
- In a small bowl,stir the eggs,instant coffee and vanilla until well blended; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg mixture.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, beating well after addition.
- Stir in chocolate and nuts.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- On a lightly floured surface, shape the dough into 2 logs, each 14" long, 1-1/2" wide, and 1" thick.
- Place the logs on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Set the baking sheet on a wire rack to cool 10 minutes.
- Remove the logs to cutting board (I usually just cut them on the cookie sheet). Cut with serrated knife, cut diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Place slices 1/2 inch apart upright (not on sides).
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until slightly dry.
- Remove to rack to cool.
- I leave mine on cookie, let cool.
- Then drizzle with melted chocolate (I melt chocolate in microwave).
- The chocolate is just my addition - so good with a cup of coffee.
- Store biscotti in air tight container.