Every Wednesday The Montreal Gazette posts recipes according to the theme of the week or recipe requests that readers ask for. This is a recipe request, and it is from American chocolate company, Ghiradelli. I have made and ate this recipe and is decidedly very good.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with brown sugar and vanilla at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed until combined.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to egg mixtuer while mixing on low speed.
- Fold in chocolate chips and nuts, if using.
- Spread batter evenly in an ungreased 13x9 inch (3.5L) pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Remove from pan and cut into squares.