Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Every Wednesday The Montreal Gazette posts recipes according to the theme of the week or recipe requests that readers ask for. This is a recipe request, and it is from American chocolate company, Ghiradelli. I have made and ate this recipe and is decidedly very good.
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 354.88 ml brown sugar, packed
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 236.59 ml macadamia nuts or 236.59 ml pecans (optional) or 236.59 ml walnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with brown sugar and vanilla at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed until combined.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to egg mixtuer while mixing on low speed.
- Fold in chocolate chips and nuts, if using.
- Spread batter evenly in an ungreased 13x9 inch (3.5L) pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Remove from pan and cut into squares.
Love, Love, Love this recipe! I have made this recipe three times and followed the directions perfectly. My family devours them so fast that it makes my head spin! The only issue is that I have had to cook them for more like 45 minutes every time, or else they are complete goo in the middle. I used a glass 13X 9 pan every time. I am considering adding a little more flour to the recipe because it seems a little thin to me. Any tips???
Absolutely great bars, these! Made 'em with pecans & since I baked them in a glass pan, I left them in for almost 40 minutes & was very, very happy with the results! My rule of thumb is 5 to 8 minutes longer if using glass rather than metal! Will be doing these again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Went to the Market recipe tag]
Quick to make and easily halved for an 8X8 pan. The family enjoyed and we will make again.