Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here's a copycat recipe worth keeping!
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup Ghirardelli sweet ground chocolate and cocoa
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup ghirardelli milk chocolate chips
- Grease a 8x8 inch baking pan and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl stir together the eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Add butter mixing to incorporate.
- Sift the ground chocolate with the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir into the egg mixture and add the walnuts.
- Spread into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Instead of the sweet ground chocolate, I looked on Ghirardelli's website and it said to substitute a 50/50 mix of cocoa and sugar. I didn't use walnuts and put them in a mini muffin pan with the cups 3/4 full. I then cooked them for about 14 mins using a toothpick to test them to be a little undercooked. I cooled them on a rack and them dipped the tops of them in a chocolate ganache-type topping (melt together 1/2 cup chocolate chips, about 1 tsp water, about 1 tablespoon butter, and 2 tablespoons milk; whisk together until smooth). Absolutely delicious! This method provides a great presentation.
These brownies are nearly perfect, and that's a pretty high compliment considering I've tried and thrown out several recipes over the last year. They are easy to make, moist (not too cake-like), fudgy and just darn good. My only gripe, and it's a minor one, is that they cracked a bit on top while I was baking them. I left out the chocolate chips and walnuts.
This recipe was terrible! I looked it up because I wanted Ghirardelli brownies, but didn't fee like going to the store to get the boxed mix....now I'm regretting the effort, time, and ingredients wasted by making this. It definitely could have used more butter or oil, more cocoa, less flour...just a whole face lift! I'm going to re-do this recipe and post the GOOD version for everyone to try.Ugh...what a waste! :(