1/1 Photo of Ghevar Easy Recipe
Aparna Anurag's Note:
Ghevar is a Rajasthani sweet traditionally associated with the Teej Festival. It is disc-shaped, and made from oil, flour and sugar syrup. There are many varieties of Ghevar, including plain, mawa and malai ghevar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For the sugar syrup.
- 2Combine the sugar,cardamom powder and water in a pan and simmer till it reaches a 1 string consistency.
- 3Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- 4Process for ghevar.
- 5Combine the flour, corn flour,edible color and melted ghee in a bowl.
- 6Add 1 cup of water in a thin stream, whisking continuously taking care to see that an emulsion is formed and the water and ghee do not separate.
- 7Add 2 more cups of water again in a thin stream while whisking continuously. At no point should the ghee and water separate.
- 8The batter should be of a coating consistency. More water can be added if required to achieve the required consistency.
- 9Keep the batter in a cool place away from the heat.
- 10Place the ghevar mould in a kadhai and pour melted ghee in it till it reaches 3/4 of the height of the mould.
- 11Remove 2 ladles of the batter at a time into a small bowl and place it near the gas range.
- 12Heat the ghee on a medium flame and put in one spoonful of the batter into the mould in a thin stream. The batter should settle in the mould.
- 13When the froth subsides, pour in another spoonful in the centre in a thin stream.
- 14Repeat seven times making a hole in the centre of the ghevar using a wooden skewer stick. Pour the batter into this centre each time.
- 15Increase the flame and allow it to cook in the centre by pouring ladlefuls of hot ghee in the centre of the mould 2 or 3 times.
- 16When the center is firm and cooked, pull the ghevar out gently, by inserting a wooden skewer in the centre and pulling it out of the ghee.
- 17Immerse in sugar syrup, drain quickly and place on a serving plate.
- 18Repeat steps 7 to 13 and use the remaining batter to make 24 ghevars.
- 19Serve the ghevar with rabdi topping,garnish with almonds,pistachio.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ghevar Easy Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 657.9
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 66.8 mg
- Sodium 3.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 50.0 g
- Protein 6.7 g