Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
Don't let the name fool you, these nachos are actually quite good. My old roommate and I invented this recipe as a result of boredom, hunger and economic reasons (which is where the name comes from). We used to make this when we were watching a movie and didn't want to stop the movie to go cook something. I still make ghetto nachos from time to time if I'm in a hurry or I'm strapp
- 1⁄2 can black beans (with juice)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups tortilla chips (or as much as you think you can eat)
- In a microwave safe dish (bowl preferred), place a thin layer of the chips.
- Add a layer of the black beans and some cheese.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 again.
- Top with extra cheese.
- Pop in microwave on highest power setting for about a minute and a half.
- If your microwave doesn't have a rotating plate in it, rotate bowl by hand every 45 seconds and increase cooking time to 2.5 minutes.
- Top with your favorite salsa and sour cream.
I was looking for something fast and easy today and this was perfect! I will definitely be making this again. Thanks!
Love nachos done this way. Simple and delicious. Don't forget that sour cream on the side...
I've been making these ghetto nachos for a long time, but to be true ghetto, you need to splash it w/ some tabasco sauce.