Recipe by mini_1
This was made out of hunger and the need to clear out my cupboards before grocery shopping with my daughter. Needless to say, she just went into the kitchen to make seconds.
Top Review by WiGal
What a fantastic way to use leftover roast beef and gravy! This is going right into my leftovers cookbook. Easy, fast, and very filling! Seasoning is perfect. Handy ingredients too which is always a winner in my kitchen. I assembled a bit differently, put the mixture onto half of the tortilla, and then flipped up the empty half to make a half circle-this was easier for me to then flip to get it crunchy also on the other side. Thanks mini_1 for posting a keeper. Made for Fall PAC '08.
- 1 (12 ounce) can roast beef in gravy
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 flour tortillas
- 16 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first six ingredients and heat thoroughly.
- Heat pan with butter.
- Add 1 tortilla, top with cheese, then meat/rotel mixture, more cheese and another tortilla.
- Heat both sides till browned.
- Top with choice of favorite hot sauce, avodado, sour cream, jalepeno's. Get creative and clean out your fridge!