Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
recipe posted for Zaar World Tour 3 contest.
- 1 cup blanched shelled peanuts
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup powdered icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Set oven to hot 400 degrees.
- Work the peanuts thru the fine blade of a grinder.
- Sift the salt with the flour.
- Cream the butter and beat in the confectioners sugar until soft and light fluffy, add in the vanilla.
- Stir in the sifted flour and the peanuts.
- Shape the dough into walnut sized balls, and set onto an ungreased parchment lined baking sheet and place a piece of slivered almond standing up on each ball.
- Bake in the preheated oven ten to twelve minutes or until the balls are just beginning to turn golden brown.
- Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
- Store in an air tight tin for up to one week.
These actually came out quite nice! Thank you for the recipie.