Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cornmeal crusted and spiced with chili powder, these golden sautéed cod fillets go well with many different side dishes, including a corn sauté, herbed oven-roasted plum tomatoes, or steamed green beans. - From goodhousekeeping.com/healthy-hurry
- On waxed paper, combine cornmeal, flour, chili powder, and salt; use to coat cod fillets.
- Heat nonstick 12-inch skillet until hot over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon margarine or butter; let melt.
- Add cod fillets and cook 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium; turn fillets.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon margarine or butter and cook cod 4 to 6 minutes longer until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.