Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A wonderful appetizer. The taste of the sea at its finest.
- 3 lbs large shrimp, uncooked
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 3 large garlic cloves, diced
- 1 large red onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 large lemons, sliced
- salt and pepper
- Cook shrimp in boiling water until pink.
- Transfer to a large bowl of ice water.
- Drain shrimp well.
- Whisk together oil and next 6 ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour marinade over the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Layer shrimp, lemon slices and onion in a large glass bowl.
- Pour aby remaining marinade over.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours.