Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Creamy delicious shrimp to serve with pasta, or rice if you prefer. NOT waistline friendly.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 tablespoon cognac or 1 tablespoon brandy
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add lots of pepper, to taste.
- Simmer 4 to 5 minutes until reduced to about 1 cup.
- Melt butter in a heavy notstick skillet over medium high heat.
- When butter begins to bubble add shrimp and saute 3 to 4 minutes, until pink.
- DO NOT overcook.
- Stir cognac or brandy into sauce just before serving and pour sauce over shrimp.