Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I prefer them baked or raw but DH loves them deep fried so this is my favorite recipe.
Make and share this Gg's Deep Fried Oysters recipe from Food.com.
- Drain oysters and soak in buttermilk or use egg wash. Heat oil for deep frying to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour with other ingredients in a large plastic bag.
- Place oysters in the bag, a few at a time and shake until well coated.
- Cook oysters in hot oil, 3 or 4 at a time until golden brown. Don't put too many in at the same time because it will cool your oil and that makes them greasy.
- Drain briefly and serve warm.