Gloria 15x's Note:
What a wonderful meal. Serve with mashed potatoes and green beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a cast iron skillet to 360 degrees.
- 2Cut the steak into 4 pieces. Pound out the meat.
- 3Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Combine the egg and 3 Tbsp of milk. Put 1 1/2 cups of the flour in a pan and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Dredge the steaks in the flour, coating each piece evenly and tapping off excess. Dip the steak in the egg wash and dredge again in the flour.
- 6Fry steaks in hot oil until golden brown on each side, about 3 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- 7Season with salt and pepper.
- 8Pour off all but 1/4 cup of the oil.
- 9Over medium heat add the 3 Tbsp of flour and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, whisking constantly.
- 10Add the remaining 3 cups of milk, 1/2 cup at a time, whisking constantly.
- 11Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to medium low. Season with salt and plenty of pepper.
- 12Cook 8 to 10 minutes, whisking constantly. The gravy should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gg's Country Fried Steak With White Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 965.3
- Calories from Fat 610
- Total Fat 67.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 144.7 mg
- Sodium 172.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 39.2 g