Recipe by Gloria 15x
You can do so many wonderful things with plain old chicken breasts. This turns them into an elegant meal.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
This was good and was certainly easy to make. The taste of the sherry is pretty pronounced, which was fine for us because we used a good one. I wished the taste of the Dijon had come through a little more. All in all this is a nice dish. Thanks!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon green peppercorns in brine, drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Saute chicken in butter until just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to plate.
- Add mushrooms, onion and peppercorns to skillet and saute until onion is tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add broth, cream, sherry and mustard to skillet.
- Simmer until reduced to sauce consistency, about 15 minutes.
- Return chicken and juices to pan and cook until chicken is just heated through, about 4 minutes more.