Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
You can do so many wonderful things with plain old chicken breasts. This turns them into an elegant meal.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Saute chicken in butter until just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to plate.
- Add mushrooms, onion and peppercorns to skillet and saute until onion is tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add broth, cream, sherry and mustard to skillet.
- Simmer until reduced to sauce consistency, about 15 minutes.
- Return chicken and juices to pan and cook until chicken is just heated through, about 4 minutes more.
This was good and was certainly easy to make. The taste of the sherry is pretty pronounced, which was fine for us because we used a good one. I wished the taste of the Dijon had come through a little more. All in all this is a nice dish. Thanks!