Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You can do so many wonderful things with plain old chicken breasts. This turns them into an elegant meal.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Saute chicken in butter until just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to plate.
- Add mushrooms, onion and peppercorns to skillet and saute until onion is tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add broth, cream, sherry and mustard to skillet.
- Simmer until reduced to sauce consistency, about 15 minutes.
- Return chicken and juices to pan and cook until chicken is just heated through, about 4 minutes more.
This was good and was certainly easy to make. The taste of the sherry is pretty pronounced, which was fine for us because we used a good one. I wished the taste of the Dijon had come through a little more. All in all this is a nice dish. Thanks!