Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is so creamy and tastes wonderful with my Italian Gravy
Make and share this Gg's Braised Rice With Saffron recipe from Food.com.
- Bring the chicken stock to a simmer in a saucepan and keep it barely simmering over low heat.
- In a casserole, melt 4 Tbsp butter. Cook the onions for 7 to 8 minutes. Do not let them brown. Add the rice and cook stirring until the grains glisten and are somewhat opaque.
- Pour in the wine and boil it until it is almost completely absorbed.
- Add 2 cups of the stock and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until almost all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add 2 more cups of the stock and cook, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, stir the saffron into 2 cups of stock and let it steep for a few minutes.
- Pour over the rice and cook until the stock is completely absorbed.
- By now the rice should be tender. If it is still firm, add the remaining stock-1/2 cup at a time-continue cooking and stirring until the rice is soft.
- Stir in 4 Tbsp of soft butter and the grated cheese. Serve at once.