Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
How can you go wrong with scallops, seasoned bread crumbs, I prefer Italian croutons, crushed, garlic and fresh grated Parmesan cheese. UMMMM
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bay scallops, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pour melted butter into a 2 quart oval casserole dish. Distribute butter and scallops evenly inside the dish.
- Combine the bread crumbs, onion and garlic powder, paprika, parsley, garlic and Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle this mixture over the scallops.
- Bake in the oven until scallops are firm, and bread crumb mixture is lightly browned,about 15 minutes.
made this last night for dinner. it was OK, but nothing imressive. Hubby thought the topping over powered the delicate flavor of the scallops. Won't be making this again.
these were wonderful!! i added 2 more cloves of crushed garlic and i topped it all with cooked crumbled bacon! yummmmm
I really liked this recipe, my hubby did not =(, that is why I gave it a 4 star. I thought the recipe was quick, easy, and full of flavor. I used panko bread crumbs because I didn't have regular seasoned bread crumbs and it turned out really good. I'll be making this again, at least for myself ;)