Recipe by Satyne
I had the Man Cold today so I raided through my pantry to see what I could combine to make me feel better. The result was something that smells delicious even with a stuffed up nose, and is just spicy enough for me to forget my troubles. It's got a few different flavours that you can taste individually and enough chewy bits to be entertaining. I made this as I went. This was really easy to make (big plus when you're sick) and a bonus in that most people will have this sort of thing in their pantry. The herbs are estimates only and I suggest adding the amounts to taste, using my estimates as a guide.
Top Review by Studentchef
This was not bad at all, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I found this to be more of a broth than a soup, so I added some matzoh balls to it. I did like the chickpeas and the ritoni in the soup, that was a great addition.
- 7 cups water
- 1 cup white wine (i used a cheap chardonay)
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ginger powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon tuscan seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 500 g soup mix
- 125 g chickpeas (drained)
- 1 cup risoni
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the water, wine, chicken stock, garlic and herbs in a large saucepan and heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the soup mix, stir and turn the stove down to simmer. Leave for approx 10-15 minutes or until it starts to smell amazing.
- Add the Chickpeas ans Risoni, stir and simmer for another 10 minutes.