Prep 0 mins
Cook 50 mins
Great home-made oatmeal recipe
- 8 1⁄2 ounces brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water, and
- 2 1⁄3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla, and
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lb organic rolled oats, and
- 3 ounces organic rolled oats
- 6 1⁄4 ounces pecan pieces
- 3⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 200 F, Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine sugar and water in large microwave-proof mixing bowl.
- Microwave sugar and water for 12 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix oats, nuts, and salt.
- Pour sugar mixture into oats mixture and stir.
- Spread mixture on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 200 F for 25 minutes then stir mixture and rotate pans.
- Bake for 25 minutes longer, remove pans, stir mixture, and allow to cool.
- Store in air-tight container.