Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Quick, easy and gluten free. What more coudl you ask for?
Make and share this Gfdf Cornbread Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- cornbread, casserole
- 4 cups cooked beans
- some ground turkey (optional) or beef, up to 1 lb (optional)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 chopped onion (optional)
- 8 ounces corn (optional)
- cornbread, topping
- 1 -2 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups non-dairy milk substitute or 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup oil or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1⁄4 cups baking mix (I use Pamela's) or 1 1⁄4 cups gluten-free flour plus 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- For the casserole: If you're using meat, brown it, drain the fat, add a little water & add taco seasoning. I've done it with or without meat - it's good both ways. Add all other ingredients to pan & heat those up. Dump in the bottom of a greased casserole dish.
- For the Cornbread Topping: Mix together liquids, and then add dry ingredients. Dump this on top of the bean mixture and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.