Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
It's kind of a little mochi, kind of a little sweet rice cake--but no red bean paste!
Make and share this Gfcf Vanilla Cinnamon 'mochi Cakes' recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sweet rice flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix together all dry ingredients (flour, powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt).
- Beat egg, water and vanilla together in another bowl.
- Add wet to dry and mix with a fork, it will be runny.
- Coat a mini muffin pan with coconut oil and fill each cup to the top with the batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes. They are almost done once they have risen and the tops are 'cracking'. Cook another two minutes after this happens. They will not get brown.
- Cool completely and enjoy! Top with warm jelly, icing, or nothing at all!
Simple in make and taste, these little morsels were surprisingly delicious! The dough was less runny than expected, but they came out perfectly. Great with a cup of green tea. Thanks!
These are very good! My dough actually came out rather firm, despite following the ingredients and directions precisely, so I just broke out pieces by hand and rolled them into balls that I then placed in the greased muffin tin. Cook time was spot on and the end result is a chewy, nicely flavored cake. We've been enjoying them plain so far, but the suggested topping ideas would no doubt be a nice touch, as well. Thanks for sharing! PAC Fall '12