Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The only way I get vegetables down my grandson is in baking. He loves these and they are so nutrient dense and easily digestable, we love feeding them to him.
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup gluten free oats, ground
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed, ground
- 1 ounce chia seeds, ground
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (I use grapeseed or coconut)
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature and beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -3 cups zucchini, grated finely
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- The day before you want to bake them, in a medium bowl blend the brown rice flour and ground oats until well mixed. Pour the teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a cup measuring cup, fill cup with water, then mix well with the flours. Cover and leave on the counter overnight to soak.
- When you're ready to bake, in a large bowl, mix together the ground flax and chia, the cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, guar gum and sea salt.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs with the oil, the vanilla, and the sugars. Grate the zucchini into the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix the walnuts well with the dry.
- Add the soaked flours and the wet ingredients to the dry, mix well then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Let batter sit for at least thirty minutes while oven preheats to 350, to allow the guar gum to set up.
- Makes two pans of 24 small muffins.