Jamie B's Note:
Here's a fairly traditional, creamy tuna casserole. I adapted this recipe from Tara's Recipezaar Tuna Casserole to make it gluten free and mild. You can try more onion and pepper if you're not a spice wimp like (pregnant) me. I included notes to help people new to gluten-free cooking and shopping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces shaped gluten-free pasta (like Ancient Harvest Quinoa Wheat Free or Bionature Gluten Free)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of celery soup, not condensed (like Health Valley, at Wild Oats. Avoid modified food starch and "flavorings.")
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (like Smart Balance. Avoid modified food starch and "flavorings.")
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery or 1/2 cup peas
- 1/4 small onion
- 4 ounces mushrooms, drained if canned. (optional. Avoid "flavorings.") (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained (avoid "flavorings")
- 1Cook pasta until al dente. (Watch carefully; it may take significantly more or less time than the package says.).
- 2Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 3Combine all ingredients except 1/2 cup cheese in a large casserole dish.
- 4Sprinkle reserved cheese over the top.
- 5Bake for 30 minutes.
- 6Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gf Tuna Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 494.9
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 95.0 mg
- Sodium 1283.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 31.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: