Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping, from First for Women, January 2013. Also has variations: Basil and Sundried Tomato; Garlic and Sage. This appears to be Gluten-Free and Grain-Free, please advise if that is incorrect.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1⁄4 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup salted butter, chilled and in small cubes
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
OPTIONAL BASIL AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, drained and minced
OPTIONAL GARLIC AND SAGE
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease baking sheet or line with parchment paper or Silpat sheet.
- In medium bowl, combine almond flour, 1/4 cup coconut flour, Parmesan cheese, rosemary and baking soda until blended.
- Using pastry blender or 2 knives, cut butter into flour mixture until pea-sized pieces form.
- Stir in egg and buttermilk just until dough forms.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of coconut flour on work surface, shape dough into 1-inch thick round. Using 7/8" biscuit cutter, cut 9 biscuits, reshaping scraps as needed.
- Arrange biscuits on greased or lined baking sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary, if desired.
- OPTIONAL BASIL AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO:.
- Replace fresh rosemary with the fresh basil. Stir in minced sun-dried tomatoes.
- OPTIONAL GARLIC AND SAGE:.
- Add garlic powder to dry ingredients and swap fresh sage for the rosemary.