Entered for safe-keeping, from First for Women, January 2013. Also has variations: Basil and Sundried Tomato; Garlic and Sage. This appears to be Gluten-Free and Grain-Free, please advise if that is incorrect.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup salted butter, chilled and in small cubes
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
OPTIONAL BASIL AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO
OPTIONAL GARLIC AND SAGE
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease baking sheet or line with parchment paper or Silpat sheet.
- 2In medium bowl, combine almond flour, 1/4 cup coconut flour, Parmesan cheese, rosemary and baking soda until blended.
- 3Using pastry blender or 2 knives, cut butter into flour mixture until pea-sized pieces form.
- 4Stir in egg and buttermilk just until dough forms.
- 5Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of coconut flour on work surface, shape dough into 1-inch thick round. Using 7/8" biscuit cutter, cut 9 biscuits, reshaping scraps as needed.
- 6Arrange biscuits on greased or lined baking sheet.
- 7Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- 8Garnish with fresh rosemary, if desired.
- 9OPTIONAL BASIL AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO:.
- 10Replace fresh rosemary with the fresh basil. Stir in minced sun-dried tomatoes.
- 11OPTIONAL GARLIC AND SAGE:.
- 12Add garlic powder to dry ingredients and swap fresh sage for the rosemary.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for GF Rosemary Parmesan Buttermilk Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.8
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 36.9 mg
- Sodium 195.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: