Chef# 616082's Note:
I always have baggies with 3/4 of a cup of almond pulp in my freezer, the leftovers of 1/2 cup of almonds used to make 2 cups of almond milk. This recipe nicely uses one of those bags. If you aren't casein intolerant the recipe is great with 1 1/4 cups of buttermilk.If you don't have almond pulp then you can use 1 1/4 cups of almond milk, rice milk or water and use ground almonds instead of the tapioca. I throw a couple of bananas or grated apples in with the liquid ingredients sometimes, for a different taste. I also use two tablespoons of ground chia mixed with 1/2 cup of water instead of two of the eggs now. If you do this the recipe will need another cup of so of water to reach the right consistency. This recipe makes a fairly large batch because I like having them in the freezer, they toast very well for quick or on the go breakfasts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup gluten-free oats, ground
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup flax seed, ground
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ground almonds, and
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1The day before you want to make the pancakes combine the brown rice flour, ground oats 1 cup of water and 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Blend well and leave covered on the counter for 24 hours.
- 2When you're ready to make the pancakes, whisk remaining dry ingredients together well.
- 3Place almond pulp in a two cup measuring cup and fill with enough water to equal 2 cups.
- 4In a blender, blend water and almond paste until they look white.
- 5Add eggs, oil and vanilla (and fruit if you're using). Blend to incorporate.
- 6Add to dry ingredients, whisking well until no lumps remain.
- 7If batter is too thick, you may need to add more water.
- 8Cook on a preheated pan or griddle.
- 9These pancakes take a little longer to cook due to the whole grains.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gf Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.9
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 416.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: