Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Yummy pasta with no wheat flour. Top it with sage butter and enjoy! Can be made ahead of time and frozen.
- 1 1⁄4 cups spinach, washed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2⁄3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese, drained
- 2⁄3 cup soy flour
- 1 egg, plus
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus extra grated parmesan, to serve
- nutmeg (generous grating)
- salt and pepper
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 16 fresh sage leaves, coarsely chopped
- Place the spinach in a bowl and pour enough boiling water over it to cover. Once it has wilted, drain and leave to cool. Wrap a clean dishcloth around the spinach and, holding it over the sink, squeeze out as much moisture as possible. Chop fine.
- Combine the chopped spinach with parsley, garlic, ricotta, soy flour, egg and yolk, parmesan, and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper. Stir vigorously until thoroughly combined.
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil and salt it well. Form the dough into balls, about 2/3 the size of a golf ball. The gnocchi can be frozen at this stage if you are planning a future meal. Drop a few gnocchi at a time into the water, lower heat to simmer, and cook 3-4 minutes, until they have risen to the surface. Remove with a slotted spoon. Keep these warm while you cook the rest.
- To make sage butter, melt butter in pan over medium heat. Add the salt and sage. Cook until sage is tinged with gold. Pour herb butter over cooked gnocchi and serve.