Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I use Hodgson Mill cornmeal because it has a slightly larger grain and works well for this recipe. It is also non gmo! I based this recipe on the recipe on the back of the bag. Using a non old fashioned grain will make the final result a little more dense. The garbanzo bean flour helps it stick together without using an egg.
- 354.88 ml yellow cornmeal
- 118.29 ml gluten free oat flour
- 118.29 ml garbanzo flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml almond milk or 236.59 ml cow milk or 236.59 ml buttermilk
- 14.79 ml lemon juice (omit if using buttermilk )
- 118.29 ml unsweetened applesauce
- Pre heat oven too 400°F.
- Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners or spray the pan with no stick spray.
- If using almond milk or cows milk, add the tablespoon of lemon juice and mix well, set aside.
- Mix first 7 ingredients.
- Then add the almond milk or cow milk with lemon juice mixture or the buttermilk and applesauce.
- Mix until combined.
- Fill muffins tins 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 min or until tops of muffins are golden.
- Remove from pan, serve immediately or cool on racks.