Recipe by English_Rose
A light and easy version for the George Foreman Grill.
Top Review by cookiedog
Delicioso! I loved this. I reduced it to a single serving and can't believe how flavorful this quesadilla was. I was a little worried that there wasn't enough cheese but it was fine. I also used the full-fat versions of cheese and tortillas because it was what I had on hand. I only have a small GF and everything fit perfectly. Thanks for the Keeper English Rose!
- 4.92 ml vegetable oil
- 354.88 ml green bell peppers, chopped
- 236.59 ml purple onion, minced
- 9.85 ml cumin
- 473.18 ml chicken breasts
- 411.06 g can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, minced
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground pepper
- 8 (64 inch) fat free tortillas
- 177.44 ml reduced-fat monterey jack cheese, shredded
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- fresh cilantro stem (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add chopped pepper and onion; cook 3 minutes, stirring often. Add cumin, and cook 1 minute, stirring often.
- Add chicken and tomato; cook 3 minutes, stirring often. Stir in minced cilantro, salt, and ground pepper.
- Place about 1/2 cup chicken mixture on half of each tortilla. Sprinkle cheese evenly over chicken mixture on tortillas; fold tortillas in half.
- Grill folded tortillas until cheese is melted and outsides are lightly browned. Set aside, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired. Serve immediately.