Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A light and easy version for the George Foreman Grill.
Make and share this Gf Chicken Quesadillas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup purple onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 cups chicken breasts
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 8 (8 inch) fat free tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat monterey jack cheese, shredded
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- fresh cilantro stem (optional)
- Place oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add chopped pepper and onion; cook 3 minutes, stirring often. Add cumin, and cook 1 minute, stirring often.
- Add chicken and tomato; cook 3 minutes, stirring often. Stir in minced cilantro, salt, and ground pepper.
- Place about 1/2 cup chicken mixture on half of each tortilla. Sprinkle cheese evenly over chicken mixture on tortillas; fold tortillas in half.
- Grill folded tortillas until cheese is melted and outsides are lightly browned. Set aside, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired. Serve immediately.
Delicioso! I loved this. I reduced it to a single serving and can't believe how flavorful this quesadilla was. I was a little worried that there wasn't enough cheese but it was fine. I also used the full-fat versions of cheese and tortillas because it was what I had on hand. I only have a small GF and everything fit perfectly. Thanks for the Keeper English Rose!