Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Looking for easy, gluten-free comfort food? This tasty hamburger-helper-like dish is adapted from coconutcream's Recipezaar #151832 to make it gluten free. I've added specific suggestions to help people just starting to experiment with gluten-free shopping.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (frozen is ok)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cangf cream of mushroom soup, not condensed (like Health Valley from Wild Oats. Avoid modified food starch and unspecified "flavorings".)
- 1 1⁄4 cups gf beef broth (like Pacific, in a box. Avoid "flavorings".)
- 1⁄4 cup water (or more, as needed)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup (Avoid modified food starch and "flavorings". Try organic.)
- 8 ounces shaped gluten-free pasta (Ancient Harvest QUINOA Wheat Free Garden PAGODAS in a green box work well.)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef & onion. Use a large skillet (mine is 12"x2") for a single recipe, or a stock pot for a double recipe.
- Add other ingredients and heat to a boil.
- Cook over medium heat 10 to 20 minutes or until pasta is done, stirring often.
- Add cheese. Turn off heat and cover until cheese melts. Sauce will thicken a bit as it cools.
- Serve & enjoy.