Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
For dinner last night I was making a peppercorn-crusted broiled steak salad and needed - no WANTED- a creamy peppercorn dressing like what I used to be able to eat in the restaurants. I think this fits the bill quite nicely! Smooth, creamy texture ... subtle peppery bite.... I was quite pleased with this and think you will be, too. Let me know what you think and if you make any changes that make it better, let me know that, too!
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons cracked peppercorns
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup plain lowfat soy yogurt (if you can have dairy, use plain yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (Lea & Perrins is GF)
- 1⁄4 cup white cheese, substitute (I used Whole Food's in-house Dalya Vegan Cheese Italian Shreds. So far, I love it! If you can have d)
- In a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Add in wet ingredients, whisking after each addition to blend well. Pour into a clean jar or salad dressing cruet and refrigerate. Keeps well for at least 2 weeks, flavors fully marry and dressing is best after 24 hours in the fridge before serving.