I adapted this recipe to accommodate my child’s special diet. He loves them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- 2Grease and flour a mini loaf pan.
- 3In a medium bowl, mix together the Splenda and oil. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- 4Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- 5Finally stir in the milk substitute until batter is smooth. Pour about 1 tbsp batter into each loaf.
- 6Bake for 3 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from oven and place jelly on the center of each cake and smooth leaving space around the edge. Cover each cake with remaining batter. Bake 18. Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.
Nutritional Facts for Gf/Cf Fig/Fruit Newtons
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.7
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 114.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
non-dairy milk substitute