A little time consuming and laborous, but healthy and tasty
Make and share this Gf Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup teff, ground
- 2⁄3 cup gluten-free oats, ground
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 2 cups slightly warm water
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup almonds, ground
- 2⁄3 cup arrowroot (or potato or cornstarch or tapioca or a mixture of two)
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds, ground
- 1⁄3 cup sunflower seeds, ground
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed, ground
- 3 ounces chia seeds, ground (5 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon guar gum
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1⁄2 cup water, 115 degrees
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- In a medium bowl, mix the ground teff, oats and brown rice well. In a measuring cup mix the water and cider vinegar then mix well with the dry ingredients. Cover and leave on the counter at room temperature for 24 hours.
- In your mixer bowl add the ground nuts, starch or starches, ground seeds, ground flax, chia, guar gum, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl mix the eggs, oil and honey then add to dry ingredients but don't mix yet.
- In a measuring cup bloom your yeast with the 115 degree water and the teaspoon of sugar until it's foamy, about 10 minutes.
- Add the soaked grains and the bloomed yeast to the mixer and mix all ingredients until incorporated, scrape down then mix on medium for 4 minutes.
- Divide evenly and place in two greased and floured 9 by 5 inch bread pans and let rise in a warm place (I use my oven with the light on) until dough clears the top of the pans, about 45 minutes then bake in a 350 preheated degree oven for about an hour until the internal temperature is about 210.