Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
posting for safe keeping
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 4 lbs boneless veal (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cream of mushroom soup, un diluted
- 3 cups sliced onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 dry white wine
- 1 cup sour cream
- hot cooked rice or egg noodles
- Heat 1/4 butter in a large skillet. Brown veal in batches.
- Remove to a deep roasting pan with a tight fitting cover.
- Sprinkle veal with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mushroom soup over top.
- Heat 1/4 cup of butter in same skillet, add onions and saute' until golden.
- Place onions on top of soup and veal mixture.
- Add 1/4 cup of wine, seasoned salt, and tabasco to skillet; bring to a boil, scrapping browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Pour over the onion.
- Bake covered for 1 hr 20 minutes.
- Remove cover and add sour cream, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Stir gentlly.
- Bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice or noodles.