Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. I love to take this dish along when going to any traditional, yet laid back gatherings such as Super Bowl parties, pot-luck dinners, showers and any other "...bring a covered dish" event! It's such a unique blend of ingredients and people always say to me "This is delicious...I taste a familiar seasoning, what is that?" I just turn and whisper, "It's a pack of Hidden Valley Ranch." :)
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 egg whites (whisked)
- 2 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
- 2 (32 ounce) cartons low sodium chicken broth
- 3 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup spinach (thawed & drained)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn (thawed & drained)
- 1⁄4 cup shallot (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh red pepper (chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and black pepper
- In a large non-stick frying pan add olive oil and heat on medium-high. Add shallots, red pepper, corn, spinach, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Saute’ for approximately 3-4 minutes; add shrimp continuing to cook for an additional 5 minutes. Immediately remove from heat/pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl, throughly hand mix ground pork, Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix, egg whites & bread crumbs. Hand roll the ground pork mixture into mini-meatball (approximately 3/4” in diameter) and set aside on a non-stick surface such as wax paper or a cookie sheet.
- In a large sauce pan heat chicken broth to boil. Reduce heat, stir in Greek yogurt until well blended. Add mini-meatballs allowing to cook on medium heat until meat is no longer pink on the inside. Remove from heat. Stir in shrimp and vegetable mixture. Serve immediately.