1/1 Photo of Getränkter Zitronencake (Swiss Lemon Loaf)
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 5 mins
This lemon loaf is very popular here in Switzerland and extremely moist!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g butter (8 7/8 ounces, at room temperature) or 250 g margarine (8 7/8 ounces, at room temperature)
- 250 g sugar (8 7/8 ounces)
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 lemons, zest of, only
- 250 g flour (8 7/8 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 -4 lemons, juice of (100ml lemon juice or slightly more)
- 100 g icing sugar (3 1/2 ounces)
- 1The loaf pans in Switzerland are 9-10cm in width and adaptable in length. For this recipe you need to adapt the length to 28-30cm. However, I assume that this recipe will work equally well in a slightly different size of loaf pan.
- 2Beat the butter.
- 3Add some of the sugar, then an egg. Mix until well incorporated. Carry on with the remaining sugar and eggs the same way. Always make sure that the ingredients are well incorporated.
- 4Add the zest of the two lemons.
- 5Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Then mix into the other ingredients. Don't use an electric mixer for this.
- 6Generously butter your loaf pan (see point 1) and pour the batter into it.
- 7Bake on the middle shelf of your oven at 180°C/355°F for 60-65 minutes.
- 8Cool cake slightly after it has baked.
- 9Mix all ingredients for the glaze.
- 10Use a knitting needle and make plenty of wholes into the loaf and pour the glaze over the cake.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Getränkter Zitronencake (Swiss Lemon Loaf)
Serving Size: 1 (1251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4455.6
- Calories from Fat 2060
- Total Fat 228.9 g
- Saturated Fat 135.8 g
- Cholesterol 1591.7 mg
- Sodium 2669.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 556.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 353.8 g
- Protein 59.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of