Recipe by Sharon123
This is a citrusy sauce so good served with vegetables, fritters, plantains, fish, and meats. A Latin sauce adapted from The Best International Recipes. This may be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 day. Enjoy!
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place minced garlic on work surface and sprinkle with the salt. Using the flat side of a large knife, drag the garlic back and forth across the work surface in small circular motions until the garlic is a smooth paste.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until shimmery. Now stir in the garlic paste and cumin. Cook until it's fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove pan from heat and whisk in remaining ingredients. Move to a bowl and cool to room temperature. Whisk the sauce to recombine before serving.
- Note: if chilled, bring to room temperature before serving.