1/3 Photos of Get Your Man Chicken - the Neelys
1 hr 5 mins
Recipe Reader's Note:
Delicious, braised chicken thighs from The Neely's on Food Network. Gina Neely claims that your man will love this one. The chicken is so moist and tender. I think the herbs and seasonings are a little strong, so I've indicated a range for the amounts. I have also subbed herbs de provence for both thyme and rosemary, and really like the results. I prefer to use a total of 1 tsp dried herbs de provence and 1/2 TBS of lemon pepper. And I like to add 1/2 tsp sugar to balance out the acidity in the canned tomatoes. Serve over hot buttered rice. I'm also going to try this with pork chops.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1/2-1 teaspoon dried thyme (or herbs de provence)
- 1/4-1/2 tablespoon dried rosemary (or herbs de provence)
- 1/2-1 tablespoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Brown the chicken about 4 minutes on each side.
- 4Remove chicken and set aside. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of oil from the pan.
- 5Add onion to the pan and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- 6Add chicken stock and wine. Stir, scraping any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Turn heat to high and reduce by half, about 3 minutes.
- 7Add the crushed tomatoes, the dried herbs, lemon pepper, and sugar. Then add the chicken thighs back in . Cover and cook on medium low for 40 minutes for bone-in thighs, 25-30 minutes for boneless.
- 8Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Get Your Man Chicken - the Neelys
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.4
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 175.4 mg
- Sodium 1792.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 48.1 g