Recipe by FLKeysJen
My cousin Tana told me about recipe from SuperFoods RX that kids love. It's basically a low fat version of pumpkin pie without the crust. If her son eats it, maybe yours will too!
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar (She used organic, unrefined)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
- 2 large eggs (with high omega-3 content, as noted on label)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 (12 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F; lightly grease 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until center is slightly wiggly. Do not overbake. Let cool on wire rack. Serve immediately or refrigerate.